Fire Station No. 1 is the City's largest and busiest firehouse. It was built in 1980 and serves as the Department's Administrative Headquarters. Fire Station No. 1 is a single-company house and serves Franklin's west side. It is staffed with four firefighter/paramedics working 24-hour shifts. Fire Station No. 1 houses Engine 1, Med 281, and Battalion 2. It also houses additional unstaffed equipment.
- Engine 1 - Staffed with one Lieutenant and one Apparatus Engineer
- Med 281 - Staffed with two Paramedics
- Battalion 2 - Staffed with the Battalion Chief
- Med 11 - Reserve (unstaffed) Paramedic Ambulance
- Tender 1 - Water truck carrying 2,200 gallons of water; responds to fire responses in areas of the City without hydrants.
- 1 Lieutenant, Station Officer
- 1 Apparatus Engineer (Driver) operating the fire engine
- 2 Paramedics staffing the ambulance
- 1 Battalion Chief (Shift Commander)
- 1 Fire Chief
- 1 Assistant Fire Chief
- 1 Administrative Assistant
- 1 Community Fire Prevention Specialist