Skip to Content
City of Franklin Wisconsin
Main Content

Municipal Court

If you have questions regarding Municipal Court procedures or your Court Date/Time, contact the Court Clerk by phone at 414-425-4768.


Most ADULT initial court appearances are held by PHONE.  In most cases, when a citation is issued, a WRITTEN PLEA FORM will be provided to the defendant by the issuing officer.  If the defendant wishes to contest their citation(s), the WRITTEN PLEA FORM must be completed and submitted to the Franklin Municipal Court by the date listed at the top of the citation issued.  Once received, the court clerk will schedule the citation for a court date to take place via PHONE.

If the defendant does not wish to contest his/her citation, the listed forfeiture amount is due to be paid in full.  Failure to complete/submit the WRITTEN PLEA FORM timely OR pay the forfeiture amount will result in a default judgement, warrant, or other sanction.      

Trials, OWI offenses, District Attorney Referrals, and Motions to Reopen Hearings are assigned an IN-PERSON court date/time. IN-PERSON court dates may also be assigned at the discretion of the Municipal Judge.

JUVENILES (defendants 16 years and under) are assigned an IN-PERSON court date/time.   


ALL CITATIONS ISSUED ON/AFTER SEPTEMBER 1, 2023 will be assigned an in-person court date/time.  Written plea forms will no longer apply to citations that are issued on/after September 1, 2023. Please refer to the Instructions to Defendant Form for additional information.


IN-PERSON payments are accepted at the COURT office during regular office hours.

AFTER HOURS payments may be placed in the drop box located in the lobby in front of the COURT window.

BY MAIL: Checks and Money Orders made payable to “City of Franklin” may be mailed to the COURT office, 9455 West Loomis Road, Franklin, WI 53132.


The Municipal Court has jurisdiction over local ordinance and traffic citations issued in the City.  The Court is presided over by a Municipal Judge, elected every four years.  The Judge is required by local Ordinance to be a licensed attorney.


  • Presides over Municipal Court, adjudicating violations of municipal ordinances and traffic citations and imposing forfeitures where provided by law.

  • Provides for the boarding of prisoners.

Court sessions are held on Wednesdays - usually three morning and one evening court sessions per month.  The evening court session is reserved specifically for Juvenile cases only.  For specific monthly court session dates, please contact the Municipal Court Clerk at 414-425-4768


Check-in is held for IN-PERSON court sesssions only. 

Morning (adult) court check-in begins at 8:15 a.m.
Evening (juvenile) court check-in begins at 5:45 p.m.

Cases are typically heard on a first-come, first-serve basis.  It is recommended that you arrive timely and allow yourself time to check-in for court.  Check-in takes place in the courtroom.

Franklin Law Enforcement Center

Municipal Court

Frederick F. Klimetz, Mun. Judge
Franklin Law Enforcement Center
9455 W. Loomis Road
Office Hours: M-F, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Court Clerk: 414-425-4768
Fax: 414-858-2625

Open AllClose All
  Where is the Franklin Municipal Court located?

The Franklin Municipal Court is located in the Franklin Law Enforcement Center, 9455 W. Loomis Road, Franklin, WI  53132, which is the same building as the Police Department.  This building is approximately 2 blocks southwest of the Franklin City Hall on the same side of the road.

  How do I pay a ticket I received?


IN PERSON:  At the Franklin Municipal Court Office, 9455 W. Loomis Road, Franklin, WI 53132 (during office hours only of Monday thru Friday, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.)  CASH, CHECK, MONEY ORDER, CREDIT/DEBIT.  Checks are to be made payable to the "City of Franklin". 

BY MAIL:  Mail Check or Money Order (payable to the "City of Franklin") to: Franklin Municipal Court, 9455 W. Loomis Road, Franklin, WI 53132.


AFTER HOURS:  A drop box is located in the front lobby of the Franklin Police Department, 9455 W. Loomis Road, and is available 24 hours a day/7 days a week.  Checks, Money Orders, and Cash (exact amount only-no change will be given) are accepted.

  How can I see the City Attorney?

The City Attorney (prosecuter) is present for all court appearances.  If you enter a "Not Guilty" plea, the court will make arrangements for you to discuss your citation with the City Attorney either by phone or in person.  The City Attorney does not hold an office at the Franklin Municipal Court and is not available for walk-ins.

  I missed my court date and the Judge found me Guilty/Guilty by Default. How can I have my case reopened?

If you have missed your scheduled court date/time and still wish to contest your citation, you will need to complete and submit a REQUEST TO REOPEN FORM. The completed form should be submitted via mail, dropped off at the Municipal Court office or emailed to Once received, the Court Clerk will file your request and you will be assigned an IN-PERSON court hearing date. You will typically receive notice of your hearing date via mail.

  How can I get an extension of time to pay my ticket forfeiture?

If you need additional time to pay your forfeiture or need to set up a payment plan, you will need to appear for an Indigency Hearing in the Franklin Municipal Court Office during regular office hours the week your forfeiture is due.  The dates to appear will be located on your Notice of Default Judgment, Judgment Summary, or Notice of Intent to Certify Debt paperwork.  Extensions of time-to-pay and payment plans are not granted via phone.  If you cannot locate this paperwork, contact the Court Clerk directly at 414-425-4768.