- Effective May 22, 2020, Inspection Services has resumed all normal service activities.
APPLYING FOR PERMITS:
- Applications can be submitted in-person at the Inspection Services counter during regular hours from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (we recommend that applications be dropped off by 4 p.m.) or by mailing it to:
City of Franklin - Inspection Services
9229 W. Loomis Road, Franklin, WI 53132
- Once a permit is issued, Inspection Services will contact the applicant and let them know the permit is ready for pick-up. Note: Some permits will be processed while you wait.
- Applicant may PAY BY CHECK.
- Mail a check. Include address and permit number and note that check should be directed to Inspection Services.
- Drop a check in the outdoor drop box at the main entrance to City Hall. Envelope would need to indicate address and permit number and that it is for Inspection Services (applicant should call to let us know they are bringing in a payment).
- Online Credit Card Payment with a 3% service charge.
- Permit holders shall have all required inspections completed by Inspection Services staff before work may commence.
9229 W. Loomis Road
Franklin, WI 53132
(use this email for general inquiries, record requests related to Inspection Services, and departmental/inspector correspondence )
Hours: M-F, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Inspection Services approves and issues permits including building, electrical, plumbing, heating, occupancy, sign, erosion control, etc., and performs all inspections related to those permits. In addition, Inspection Services is responsible for issuing drive approach and culvert permits, inspection of reported code violations, and updating codes and ordinances. Inspection Services also provides staff support to the Architectural Review Board.