COVID-19 Customer Service
Temporary Procedural Changes
- Inspection Services is temporarily limiting inspections to work involving New one and two-family homes, multi-family dwellings, and commercial buildings only. All such inspections shall continue to be required.
- All other permit holders shall be required to notify Inspection Services that their work is ready for inspection as they would normally be required to do. Inspection Services will document, in our system, that the inspection was called in. Once that procedure is completed, permitted work may continue without inspection. All permitted work shall receive, at minimum, a Final Inspection by Inspection Services staff once COVID-19 conditions are determined to be safe again.
APPLYING FOR PERMITS:
- During this temporary period, customers may drop-off their permits, payments, etc. on the table in the vestibule at the entrance to Inspection Services at City Hall. The table will be checked regularly by Inspection Services staff.
PICKING-UP AND PAYMENT FOR PERMITS:
- Once a permit is issued, Inspection Services will call the applicant and let them know the permit is ready for pick-up. For Building and HVAC project permits, the applicant’s signature is required.
- Inspection Services will mail or e-mail a copy of the permit to the applicant for signature. Once signed, the permit shall be mailed/e-mailed back to Inspection Services. NOTE: Permits will not be released without a signature.
- Payment options:
- Credit Card online with at 3% service charge.
- Applicant may drop off a check at the table in our vestibule (applicant should call to let us know they’re bringing in a payment).
- Drop a check in the outdoor drop box at the main entrance to City Hall. Envelope would need to indicate address and permit number and that it is for Inspection Services (applicant should call to let us know they are bringing in a payment).
- Mail a check. Include address and permit number and note that check should be directed to Inspection Services.
9229 W. Loomis Road
Franklin, WI 53132
(use this email for general inquiries, record requests related to Inspection Services, and departmental/inspector correspondence )
Hours: M-F, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Inspection Services approves and issues permits including building, electrical, plumbing, heating, occupancy, sign, erosion control, etc., and performs all inspections related to those permits. In addition, Inspection Services is responsible for issuing drive approach and culvert permits, inspection of reported code violations, and updating codes and ordinances. Inspection Services also provides staff support to the Architectural Review Board.