Skip to Content
City of Franklin Wisconsin
Main Content


Open AllClose All
  Where is the Franklin Police Department located?

The Franklin Police Department is located in the Franklin Law Enforcement Center, 9455 W. Loomis Road, Franklin, WI  53132.  This building is approximately 2 blocks southwest of the Franklin City Hall on the same side of the road.

  When is the Franklin Police Department open?

The Franklin Police Department is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week all year to serve the community.

  What does the Franklin Police Department do with the property it recovers?

The Franklin Police Department auctions all of it's lost, stolen, and abandoned property.  The auction is held on-line and is done as needed throughout the year.  The on-line auction can be found

  How do I get a copy of a Police Report or Accident Report?

The Franklin Police Department complies with the Wisconsin Open Records Law.  To get a copy of a police report or an accident report, simply come into the Franklin Police Department and fill out a "Request for Records" form, or you may also call the Franklin Police Department at 414-425-2522.  It generally takes between 5 and 7 days to get the records.  There is a nominal fee, which is based on the number of pages.

  Does the City have a curfew for youth?

Yes, no one under the age of 17 is allowed, between the hours of 11 p.m. and 5 a.m., to loiter or remain on any of the following places unless accompanied by a parent, guardian, or other adult with legal custody of the child:

  • any street, alley, or publicly owned property

  • any place open to the public

  • property not owned or occupied by the child's parents or guardian, unless the child has the permission of the owner of the property

Exceptions to the above are as follows:

  • The child under 17, with a written note, is performing an errand as directed by his/her parent, guardian, or person having legal custody;

  • The child is on his/her own premises or in the areas immediately adjacent thereto;

  • The child's employment makes it necessary to be upon the streets, alleys, or places open to the public or in any motor vehicle during such hours;

  • The child is returning home by a direct route from a supervised school, church, recreation, or civic function.

  I missed my court date. How can I have my case reopened?

If a default judgment has been entered against you for non-appearance, you will need to submit a written request to have your case reopened.  There is a $30 cost assessed for each citation you wish to have reopened within statutory time limits.  When the court recieves your request, it will be reviewed by the judge and you will be advised of his decision either way.  All responses are given in writing.

  How can I get an extension of time to pay a ticket?

All extension requests must be approved by the judge.  You will need to appear in court on your assigned court date or current extension date to request additional time to pay your citation.  Payment plans are available for certain forfeitures, but must be approved by the judge prior to making any partial paments.

  How can I see the City Attorney?

The City Attorney will be present at your initial appearance.  If you wish to speak with him, you should wait in the court room for the Judge to call your case.  When you are called, you would then enter a plea of "not guilty", be given some paperwork, and will be sent to speak with the City Attorney immediately.  After you have seen the City Attorney, you will need to return to the court room to advise the court how you wish to proceed with your case.  

If you enter a "not guilty" plea via mail and are sent a "Pre-Trial Notice", you can wait in the lobby of the Police Department on your Pre-Trial date and the City Attorney will call your case without the need for you to see the judge first.

  Where is the Franklin Municipal Court located?

The Franklin Municipal Court is located in the Franklin Law Enforcement Center, 9455 W. Loomis Road, Franklin, WI 53132, which is the same building as the Police Department.  This building is approximately 2 blocks southwest of the Franklin City Hall on the same side of the road.

  How do I pay a ticket I received?

Payments can be made either via mail or in person at the Franklin Police Department, 9455 W. Loomis Road, any time prior to your initial court appearance date.  Payment can be made with cash, credit card, money order, or personal check (with a valid ID if paying in person).  For credit card payments contact Government Payment Services at 1-888-604-7888 or online 24 hours a day 7 days a week.  When making credit card payments to Government Payment Services use the Pay Location Code Number 5897. Go to the City of Franklin's "Payment by Credit Card" webpage for more information.

  How do I find out about registered sex offenders in my community?

Please click here for information on registered sex offenders in the City of Franklin.

  Can I park my car on the street overnight?

Per Municipal Code Section 245-5.C., no person shall park any vehicle on any street in the City between 2 a.m. and 7 a.m. on Mondays through Saturdays, and between 3 a.m. and 7 a.m. on Sundays from December 1 to April 1, except physicians on emergency calls.

Permission to park contrary to these provisions may be granted by the Police Department upon request for reason of emergency and unforeseen conditions, provided that such parking will not interfere with snow removal operations.

Franklin Police Dept.

9455 W. Loomis Road
Franklin, WI  53132

Phone:  414-425-2522
Fax:  414-425-0391

Hours:  24 Hours/7 Days a Week
911 For Emergencies Only


Follow Us On Facebook

Franklin Police Department, Franklin, Wisconsin