Skip to Content
City of Franklin Wisconsin
Main Content


Open AllClose All
How do I get a copy of the plat of survey map of my property?

Call the Engineering Department at 414-425-7510 for a copy.  There is a fee of $.70 for the first copy and $.15 for every other copy.

How do I get my lot line stakes located?

As of September 3, 2015, The Engineering Department is no longer able to provide the service of locating property corners for residents.  If you need your property corners marked, or other related services performed, please contact a Land Surveyor licensed by the State of Wisconsin.  If you need assistance in locating a licensed land surveyor, a great resource is the Wisconsin Society of Land Surveyors:  For locating lot corners in Franklin, check the boxes for "Lot Survey" under "Survey Type" and "Milwaukee" under "County".  Licensed land surveyors will then be listed that can assist you.  The City of Franklin does not endorse nor promote any one land surveyor.  We suggest you check references and make an informed decision.

Plats of Survey Informational Requirements

How do I request a stop sign or other sign at a location?

A written request addressed to the Board of Public Works is requested.  The item will then be placed on the Board of Public Works agenda and you will be notified of the day and time.

Each type of sign must meet specific criteria to be placed on the City's streets, therefore, the approval process is lengthy but necessary.

How do I find out an address if it is a new subdivision?

Call the Engineering Department at 414-425-7510 and ask for Marcia for any information regarding addresses.

Who do I notify of concerns regarding street trees, overgrown grass, or weeds?

For questions regarding street trees, please call the Public Works Department at 414-425-2592.

For complaints regarding overgrown grass or weeds, please call the Clerk's Office at 414-425-7500.

Who do I contact regarding culverts or ditch enclosures?

Call the Engineering Department at 414-425-7510 and ask for Assistant City Engineer Sara Arnold for this information.

Where do I get information on curb cuts?

Curb cut information can be obtained in the Engineering Department (414-425-7510).  Inspections for curb cuts are made directly through the Inspection Department at 414-425-0084.

Is sanitary sewer or water main going in my area?

Call the Engineering Department at 414-425-7510 and ask for one of the Engineers.

How do I get the Official Notice to Bidders List for a certain project?

Call the City Clerk's Office at 414-425-7500 or the engineering firm listed for a copy of the Bidder's List.

Where do I get information regarding Fill and Soil Disturbing Permits?

Call the Engineering Department at 414-425-7510.

Where do I get information on Water or Sewer As-Builts?

Call 414-425-7510 or come into the Engineering Department and staff will direct you to the right as-built information for your needs.

Where can I purchase a City map?

City Maps are available in the Engineering Department in two sizes.  The small map is $3.60 and the large map is $7.

Engineering Department

9229 W. Loomis Road
Franklin, WI  53132

Phone:  414-425-7510
Fax:  414-425-3106

Hours:  M-F, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Glen Morrow, P.E., City Engineer

Tyler Beinlich, P.E.,
Assistant City Engineer


Related Links

Board of Public Works
Board of Water Commissioners
Plan Commission