Skip to Content
Main Content

Demolition or Moving

Permits are required for the demolition of all buildings and structures.  Plumbing permits and inspections are required for disconnection/abandonment of sewer, water, or septic systems.   Utilities (electric/gas) must be disconnected and verified in writing by the agency.

Building Move:
The City of Franklin Building Code requires Plan Commission approval of any building move within or from outside Franklin prior to the move.  Questions can be directed to the Department of City Development at 414-425-4024.  Contact the Building Inspection Department at 414-425-0084 for information regarding required permits.

Demolition Handout

Building Move Handout

City of Franklin Building Permit Application