9229 W. Loomis Road
Franklin, WI 53132
Hours: M-F, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Dana Zahn, Human Resources Manager
Applicants must be 21 years old at time of hire with a High School Diploma. 60 college credits must be obtained by the time the individual has been employed by the City of Franklin for 5 years. Approximately ½ of these credits can be obtained through attending the Police Academy. The successful applicant must attend and graduate from the Police Academy (while being sponsored by the City of Franklin) during their probation period.
Starting pay for an Officer is $32.92/hour with step increases up to top pay (currently $41.81/hour) in 4 years.
- Complete the Application for Employment. Complete the 3 questions on the application form. A resume (no longer than 2 pages) is also required.
- Packets (consisting of application with answers to 3 questions and your resume) may be submitted by:
- Emailing to Dana Zahn, Human Resources Manager
- Mailing to Franklin City Hall, ATTN: Dana Zahn, 9229 W. Loomis Road, Franklin, WI 53132
- Dropping off at City Hall and put into the drop box located inside the blue wall near the main entrance located at 9229 W. Loomis Road.
- Application packets will be accepted until positions are filled. Interviews will be conducted in periodic intervals, so apply early for the best opportunity.
Please note that your answers to the application questions will be evaluated and will be a factor that is considered in the assessment and selection process.
The application packets will be reviewed to ensure applicants meet the required criteria and that the application has been completed properly. If you have any questions, please call Human Resources Manager Dana Zahn at 414-427-7505, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., or via email.
HIRING PROCESS INFORMATION
The approved Hiring Process-New Officer and Police Patrol Officer Job Description are available for your review. Please see the Hiring Process for complete experience requirements.