9229 W. Loomis Road
Franklin, WI 53132
Hours: M-F, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Dana Zahn, Human Resource Coordinator
POLICE PATROL OFFICER
Must have at least 1 year of FT or PT sworn officer experience to apply during this hiring process.
The City of Franklin is accepting application packets for two (2) openings due to retirements and for potential future openings. The current pay range effective 4/1/2020 is $30.27 to $38.45/hour depending on past experience. NOTE: We do offer LATERAL TRANSFER for pay and vacation purposes.
Application Instructions for Police Officer
Please be sure to follow the instructions below. The ability to submit an application packet correctly and to follow the instructions below may be a factor in your hiring process.
- Complete the Application for Employment. A resume (no longer than 2 pages) is required.
- Complete the required questions for those candidates currently employed by another police department.
- Assemble your application packet which will include the application, resume, and your answers to the above required questions. DO NOT send in additional, non-requested information such as other certifications, reference letters, etc.
- Application packets must be submitted in a large envelope such as a 9"x12" manila envelope (not a report folder).
- Packets should be mailed to: Franklin City Hall, ATTN: Dana Zahn, 9229 W. Loomis Road, Franklin, WI 53132, or hand-delivered to the City Clerk's Office at the above address. There is a drop box outside the main entrance for those wanting to drop off application packets after 5 p.m. No applications will be accepted via email or fax. DO NOT send application packets to the Police Department.
- Application packets must be received by 3 p.m. on Tuesday, February 25, 2020.
The application packets will be reviewed to ensure applicants do meet the required criteria and that the application has been completed properly. Failure to completely fill out the application and/or return it by the deadline will be cause for disqualification. If you have any questions, please call Human Resources Coordinator Dana Zahn at 414-427-7505, Monday thru Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., or via email.
HIRING PROCESS INFORMATION
The approved Hiring Process and Job Description for the position are available for your review. Please see the Hiring Process for complete experience requirements.