9229 W. Loomis Road
Franklin, WI 53132
Hours: M-F, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Dana Zahn, Human Resources Manager
We offer Lateral Transfer opportunity for salary and vacation credit. Experienced applicants do not have to start at the "new hire" rate.
The City of Franklin is accepting applications for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic. Please carefully read thru all application instructions below:
18 years of age or older; Firefighter II certification; WI EMT - Paramedic license; valid driver’s license; excellent health and physical condition. (The National Registry Paramedic license is NO LONGER REQUIRED.)
Salary (Base Pay Annually):
$62,753 - $91,466 - Current wage for Firefighter/Paramedic. Top pay is achieved within 4 years of hire date.
Job Description: View job description.
Hiring Process: View the Police & Fire Commission’s July 2021 Hiring Process.
- Complete the City of Franklin application. Please print out the PDF version of the application and complete the form. DO NOT submit the application electronically. (Please note that the email address is mandatory for this position or you will not receive potential interview instructions.)
- Make sure all of your firefighter, EMT, and paramedic experience is reflected in the Work History, Additional Experience, or the Qualifications sections of the application form or on a separate resume.
- Submit the following items in your application packet:
- Completed application - again, please print out the PDF version, do not submit the application electronically.
- Answer on a separate piece of paper the question "Why do you want to be a City of Franklin Firefighter/Paramedic". Be specific in your answer.
- A resume of no more than 2 pages is required.
- Firefighter II certification.
- WI EMT - Paramedic license.
- CPAT certificate, if you have completed the testing and your certificate is not expired.
Item 6 must be complete prior to conditional offer of employment being made - see Hiring Process for full details.
DO NOT include other items, such as reference letters, additional training documentation, etc., in your application packet.
This is an open application process with no deadline. Applications will be reviewed and interviews conducted fairly soon for the City's current opening, but will continue to accept applications in anticipation of potential upcoming retirements. Packets should be placed into an approximately 9" x 12" manila envelope and either mailed to the City of Franklin, ATTN: Human Resources, 9229 W. Loomis Road, Franklin, WI 53132, or may be dropped off at the City Clerk's Office at the same address (there is a drop box in the blue wall located outside the main entrance for those wanting to drop off applications after 5 p.m.). No applications will be accepted via e-mail or fax. DO NOT SEND APPLICATION PACKETS TO THE FIRE DEPARTMENT.
The completed applications will be reviewed to ensure applicants do meet the required criteria and that the application has been completed properly. Failure to completely fill out the application and/or submit the proper documents may be cause for disqualification.
If you have any questions, please call Human Resources Manager Dana Zahn at 414-427-7505, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.