City Municipal Code 245-5.C. - All Night Parking Regulated, states the following:
When signs have been erected at or reasonably near the corporate limits of the City as provided in 349.13, Wis. Stats., no person shall park any vehicle between 2 a.m. and 7 a.m. on Mondays through Saturdays and between 3 a.m. and 7 a.m. on Sundays from November 1 to April 1, except physicians on emergency calls, on any street in the City. Permission to park contrary to these provisions may be granted by the Police Department upon request for reason of emergency and unforeseen conditions, provided that such parking will not interfere with snow removal operations.
City Municipal Code 245-5.I. - Snow Emergencies; Parking During, states the following:
- A snow emergency is declared to exist when snow is falling at a minimum rate of 1 inch per hour or has accumulated to a depth of 4 inches or more.
- If a snow emergency arises between September 15 to April 15 of each year, the Mayor, or in his or her absence the Council President, shall declare a state of emergency to exist, and the duration thereof, and issue a public proclamation to that effect by radio, placards, or other means of communication.
- After such declaration of snow emergency has been declared, no person shall park any vehicle upon any street between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- The Chief of Police or any police officer within the Police Department may remove any vehicle from the street which interferes with snow removal equipment during any period of a snow emergency. Cost of removal shall be paid by the owner of a vehicle parked in violation of this section.
- No person shall operate, stop, allow to stand, park, follow, or in any other way locate any motor vehicle at a distance of less than 30 feet immediately from and to the rear of any City snow removal or snowplow vehicle.