Municipal Court

The Municipal Court has jurisdiction over local ordinance and traffic citations issued in the City.  The Court is presided over by a Municipal Judge, elected every four years.  The Judge is required by local Ordinance to be a licensed attorney.


  • Presides over Municipal Court, adjudicating violations of municipal ordinances and traffic citations and imposing forfeitures where provided by law.

  • Provides for the boarding of prisoners.

Two daytime and four nighttime court sessions per month are held on Wednesdays.  The daytime court sessions begin at 8:30 a.m.; the nighttime court sessions begin at 6 p.m.  All court dates are subject to change.  For specific monthly court session dates, please contact the Municipal Court Clerk at 414-425-4768.



Where is the Franklin Municipal Court located?

The Franklin Municipal Court is located in the Franklin Law Enforcement Center, 9455 W. Loomis Road, Franklin, WI  53132, which is the same building as the Police Department.  This building is approximately 2 blocks southwest of the Franklin City Hall on the same side of the road.


When are Municipal Court sessions? 

Two daytime and four nighttime court sessions per month are held on Wednesdays.  The daytime court sessions begin at 8:30 a.m.; the nighttime court sessions begin at 6 p.m.  All court dates are subject to change.  For specific monthly court session dates, please contact the Municipal Court Clerk at 414-425-4768.


How do I pay a ticket I received?


IN PERSON:  At the Franklin Municipal Court Office, 9455 W. Loomis Road, Franklin, WI 53132, during office hours only of Monday thru Friday, 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.  CASH, CHECK, or MONEY ORDER ONLY--Credit/Debit cards are NOT accepted when paying in person.  Checks are to be made payable to the "City of Franklin". 

BY MAIL:  Mail Check or Money Order (payable to the "City of Franklin") to: 
                Franklin Municipal Court
                9455 W. Loomis Road
                Franklin, WI 53132

CREDIT/DEBIT CARD:  By phone or Internet ONLY.  (A service fee will be added; 3% or minimum $2.00.)  Call Government Payment Services at 1-888-604-7888 or online at www.GovPayNOW.comThe following information will be needed to complete the transaction:  Pay Location Code 5897, the Citation Number(s), and dollar amount(s) of the payment. 

DROP BOX:  A drop box is located in the front lobby of the Franklin Police Department, 9455 W. Loomis Road, and is available to defendants 24 hours a day/7 days a week.  Checks, Money Orders, and Cash (exact amount only-no change will be given) are accepted.

Municipal Court Office Hours:  Monday thru Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
(Payments are accepted Monday thru Friday, 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. only.)  Closed weekends and holidays.


How can I see the City Attorney for my municipal court appearance?

The City Attorney will be present at your initial appearance.  If you wish to speak with him, you should wait in the court room for the Judge to call your case.  When you are called, you would then enter a plea of "not guilty", be given some paperwork, and will be sent to speak with the City Attorney immediately.  After you have seen the City Attorney, you will need to return to the court room to advise the court on how you wish to proceed with your case. 

If you enter a "not guilty" plea via mail and are sent a "Pre-Trial Notice", you can wait in the lobby of the Police Department on your Pre-Trial date and the City Attorney will call your case without the need for you to see the judge first.


I missed my court date.  How can I have my case reopened?

If a default judgment has been entered against you for non-appearance and you would like a new court date, you will need to submit a written request to have your case reopened.  There may be a fee assessed for each citation you wish to have reopened within statutory time limits.  When the court recieves your request, it will be reviewed by the judge and you will be advised of his decision either way.  All responses are given in writing. 

Please include all of the following information in your letter:

  • Full Name
  • Address
  • Phone Number
  • Citation Number(s) and Charge(s)
  • Reason why you missed your court date.

This letter should be mailed or dropped off at the Franklin Municipal Court Office, 9455 W. Loomis Road, Franklin, WI 53132.


How can I get an extension of time to pay a ticket?

All extension requests must be approved by the judge.  If you are unable to pay your forfeiture in full by the due date, you must appear in the Franklin Municipal Court on your due date at the time indicated on your Default Notice or Time to Pay sheet which was given to you in court.  Payment plans are available for certain forfeitures but must be approved by the judge in court.

Frederick F. Klimetz, Municipal Judge
Municipal Court
Franklin Law Enforcement Center
9455 W. Loomis Road
Municipal Court Clerk: 414-425-4768
Fax: 414-858-2625

Franklin Law Enforcement Center