How is COVID-19 prevented?
- Wash your hands with soap and water often.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze with a tissue, sleeve, or your arm.
- Stay home if you are feeling sick.
- Routinely clean frequently touched surfaces.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Practice social distancing, keeping 6 feet between you and individuals not in your household.
- Avoid gatherings.
- Wear a cloth face covering when outside your home.
Signs and Symptoms
- Coronavirus Symptom Self-Checker.
- What do I do if I have these symptoms?
- If you believe you have any of the COVID-19 symptoms, stay home and call your healthcare provider. Limit contact with others.
COVID-19 Local Testing
Quarantine and Isolation
- Click open Microsoft Excel Document at the Wisconsin Department of Health Services link above
- Insert required information within spreadsheet to determine quarantine guidance.
Mental Health Support
- COPE Services Hotline: 262-377-2673
- IMPACT 2-1-1: Dial 2-1-1
- Crisis Text Line: Text MHA to 741 741 to be connected to a trained Crisis Counselor
- SAMHSA Disaster Helpline:
- Text "TalkWithUs" to 66746
- Distress Line: 1-800-985-5990
Is the Coronovirus in Franklin, WI
Yes, Franklin is experiencing community spread of the virus. View the Franklin specific dashboard for weekly updates on cases, community burden, and other data points collected by the Franklin Health Department and State of Wisconsin.
Guidance Issued by State and City
Community Letter from the City of Franklin Health Department - February 4, 2021
Govern Evers Executive Order #105 Relating to Declaring a State of Emergency & Public Health Emergency 2/4/2021
City of Franklin Proclamation Extending Time Period of Public Health Emergency Provided for in Resolution No. 2020-7653 Until June 5, 2021
Emergency Order #1 - Face Covering Requirement 1/19/2021
Guidance for COVID-19 Safe Practices Updated February 2021
Safe Practice Guideline & Resource Links Updated February 2021
Face Covering FAQs
Health Alert and Community Call to Action
Community Letter from the City of Franklin - October 29, 2020
Community Letter from the City of Franklin and Franklin Public Schools - October 16, 2020
State and National Resources
Franklin School District
Wisconsin Department of Health Services
Questions? Email the Franklin Health Department
If you would like to report a mask complaint, please email the Franklin Health Department.
Franklin Health Dept.
9229 W. Loomis Road
M-F, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Board of Health