Join Kayla’s Krew for the Building of
Kayla’s Playground at Franklin Woods Nature Center!
Pre-Build is scheduled for September 2—4 (Sign up)
Community-Build is scheduled for September 22—27 (Sign up)
Kayla’s Krew needs your help! From nuts and bolts, time and talent, individuals and groups (small and large), on-site or behind-the-scenes, we have opportunities for you to be a unique part of building Kayla’s Playground:
- Construction Captains (Oversee groups of 10 volunteers on a wide-range of projects during the build.)
- Materials Donations (Nuts, bolts, concrete, paint, etc.)
- Tools Donations (Do you have tools that you can lend to our crew for the build?)
- Food Donations (Every day of the build we will have 3 shifts of 100 volunteers to feed.)
- Supply Donations (Paper plates, napkins, first aid supplies, etc.)
- Construction Volunteers (Sign-up as a group, business, family, or individual to help build.)
- General Volunteers (Keeping our construction crews hydrated and fed, parking attendants, etc.)
Whether it is monetary donations, helping prepare and organize, or assisting with hands-on projects, please join us as we bring the community together to make a difference in the lives of ALL children and families.
Click HERE to sign up for a slot for the Pre-Build or Community-Build or both!
To make a materials, tools, or monetary donation, please visit www.kaylaskrew.org/.
Listening Sessions Regarding
Three Potential Development Areas
The Franklin Common Council approved multiple contracts at their Tuesday, 11/4/2014, meeting aimed to spur economic growth in three major development areas. The areas, comprised of nearly 1,200 acres, will have the potential to generate an estimated $328M in new and rejuvenated development.
The City of Franklin held several listening sessions at recent City meetings regarding the following potential development areas (click on development area for details on each): (PowerPoint Presentation made at 8/1/2015 Public Informational Meeting)
1. Future Retail Development in the Area of S. 76th Street & W. Rawson Avenue/W. Loomis Road
2. Future Mixed-Use Business Light Industrial, Commercial, Residential, and Nature Conservation Public Park Development in the Area of W. Loomis Road and W. Ryan Road
3. Future Business Park Development in the Area of S. 27th Street and W. County Line Road; A Resolution Authorizing the Undertaking of the Development of the Franklin Corporate Park
Another listening session will take place at the August 25, 2015 Finance Committee Meeting at 6 p.m. Franklin residents are invited to attend this meeting to learn more about these potential development opportunities in the City. PowerPoint presentation made at 8/1/2015 Public Informational Meeting
Franklin Named A "Top 10 Overall Micro American City of the Future" by Foreign Direct Investment Magazine
A subsidiary of the Financial Times, FDI has named Franklin and Milwaukee, WI as "American Stars" and distinguished cities of the future as it relates to economic potential. To create their ranking, FDI analyzed 421 locations throughout the world on such factors as connectivity, human capital, cost effectiveness, and business friendliness. Cities were then categorized by size and ranked according to overall scores. Click here for the complete article from the April/May 2015 issue of the FDI Magazine.